It's 2:20am, I'm wide awake after two hours of fitful tossing and turning. What better way to sort out why than a blog entry? Due to the hour and my drowsy state of mind, allow me to list out the recent events of my life that are flashing around in my mind in a pitch black bedroom (Wine Guy peacefully snoring beside me).
Within the last two weeks I have learned the following:
1. Naval A-hole is married (as discussed here).
2. I learned that Only Child got engaged (and, unlike the way it was with me, he actually sounds like he will go through with it. He even manned up and bought a ring this time).
3. I attended Gouda's baby shower last weeekend. She met her boyfriend about six months after I hooked up with Wine Guy. Apparently they had a little "oops" last New Years that left her happily knocked up with no pressure to tie the knot (though her bf would be more than happy to). Oh, did I mention that baby showers are the equivalent of teeth pullings for me? Though in fairness it was lovely and Gouda seems very happy.
4. RSVP'd yes to a wedding of another friend who is tying the knot with her Navy boyfriend. She met him about one year after I met Wine Guy. Yes, I'm very happy for her. And yes, it makes me feel.....left in the dust AGAIN. ( I know, I know. It's not a race. Tell me that all you want. But it still feels like I'm losing anyway.)
5. Serious (and none-too-surprising) life drama with my troublesome siblings lately, all taking place while I'm trying to make my mom's 70th birthday (which is hitting her - and me- hard) a happy one for her despite the drama that I know is bringing her down.
6. My recovery from hip surgery has ceased to be a positive experience. I healed extremely fast at the beginning. But instead of that being the good thing I thought it was, it ended up meaning that my bone was in hyper drive heal mode and grew too much. Right into the soft tissue and muscle, causing increasing pain and lack of mobility. After a fight to get more pain meds (and essentially being accused by the nurse of just trying to score narcotics to feed a supposed addiction), I finally saw the surgeon who confirmed I am one of the very few this happens to and that I have to wait until NEXT SPRING to have the problem fixed since the bone has to stop growing first. This means continued, if not increased pain and lack of mobility for five more freakin' months. All the while I get fatter and crankier.
7. Wine Guy's father is not in good health and he now has to fly out to Texas during his planned week off to check on his parents.
I'm sure I could think of something else if I wanted to make myself feel even worse. But I'll spare us both and stop.
Honestly, if I really think about it, my life is still pretty good. I may not be getting exactly what I want, but what I have is still worth being thankful for. I even got a new second income opportunity that arose out of this very blog! So that is keeping me inspired for the future. And Wine Guy finally got a new job (he's been MISERABLE for over a year at his current one) and I know he will be a much happier companion when he is content in his professional life. Plus, his new job is with a company that lets you bring your dog to work! So Luna will get to have a daily commute and spend the day at the office with her daddy. That makes me very happy.
So, that's what's going on with me. Hopefully your own personal battlefield has far less casualties than mine at the moment. Let's be thankful that it is now Friday.
Thanks for listening, my blog-reading friends.